Monday, April 6, 2009

Chinatown
"Twenny dolla!"
"How bout fifteen."
"You cheap! You cheap! Twenny dolla!"
Hesitate "Umm... i really don't need this." Turn to leave.
"No wait! I do it! Fifteen dolla!"
And this is chinatown for you. It was chaos! Little chinese people are everywhere and they all want the ignorant tourist to stop in and pay unnaturally high prices for items that probably will hold little value to the buyer in the future but right then are just too cool to pass up... except for that they are expensive. So the fun of it is to try and lower the price. I thought it was hilarious to watch some of the Chinese. I got one sweater from Chinatown. The lady was about 4' nothing and had an attitude like you wouldn't believe. She was out to make money and no one was going to get in her way. It was all way cool though.

2 comments:

  1. Ha...I can just see you trying to bargain with a little Chinese lady. They are sharp. I've not been to China town but I've been to Tiajuana and we did something similar. It is funny to bargain like this. I think we think we are getting a steal if we can get them to drop their prices, but I actually think they are still making money off of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I love how you made their accent sound exactly like a Chinese person!

    ReplyDelete